|Malani, known as the “Queen of Sinhalese Cinema”|
|Member of the Sri Lanka Parliament
for National List
|Born||Wanni Arachchige Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
April 30, 1947 (age 64)
Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
|Occupation||Film actress / MP of SL Parliment|
- Height : 5.5’
- Hobbies : Gardening and reading
- Favourite dress : Pants and shirts
- Colour : White
- Country: Japan
- The best country to live : Sri Lanka
- Actor (Sri Lankan) :Joe Abeywickrama
- Favorite Actress (Sri Lankan): Iranganie Serasinghe
- Favourite actress (foreign):Jack Nicholson
- Favourite actress (foreign):Meryl Streep
- Singer (Male):W D Amaradewa
- Singer (Female):Nanda Malini
FILM SCRIPT:Nidhanaya, Bambaru Ewith and Siripala and Ranmenika
DRESS WORE FOR A MOVIE:Saree I wore as Irin in Nidanaya
DIALOGUE: Dialogues in Nidhanaya, Bambaru ewith and Siripala and Ranmenika
ADDRESS OF A FAN:Champa from Jayawadanagama and Anusha Piyaseeli from Ratnapura are special among the thousands of letters.
MEETING:Meeting Sathyajith Rai at Delhi Film Festival.
CONNECTION :With my school mates.
EXPERIENCE :The moment my Father passed away.
LOOK :In Delhi film festival, I was upstairs in the building clad in a white saree and the way Amithabachchan looked at me from down stairs.
RELATIONSHIP: The relationship I had with my Father.
CO-ACTOR/ACTRESS :All the co-actors and actresses are special to me.
THE WORDS:Bandula Padma Kumara a contemporary of mine calling me a legend in Sri Lankan Cinema.
10 Best Movies
01. Chandiya – Titus Totawatta
02.Parasathu Mal – Gamini Fonseka
03. Punchi Baba - Tissa Liyanasuriya
04. Hanthane Kathawa – Sugathapala Senarath Yapa
05. Nidhanaya - Dr. Lester James Peiris
06. Gehenu Lamai - Sumithra Peiris
07. Bambaru Ewith - Darmasena Pathiraja
08. Hansa Wilak - Dharmasiri Bandaranaike
09. Dadayama – Wasantha Obeysekera
10. Suddilage Kathawa - Dharmasiri Bandaranaike
30th April 1947 was a special day for Mr & Mrs Fonseka (Gilbert and Seelawathie) as Seelwathie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl following the elder boys.
The fair chubby baby girl was named “Wanniarachchilage Malani Senehelatha Fonseka”. When Mr & Mrs Fonseka took the horoscope of the new born baby to an Astrologer, he predicted that the horoscope belonged to a person who’s going to be a queen in the country one day.
After Malini was born, her family moved to Nugegoda – Jambugasmulla from Peliyagoda where Malini was born. In 1952 Malini started her education at St. Johns College Nugegoda. She was at St. Johns till the fifth grade.
Later the Fonseka family moved to Kelaniya Wedamulla and Malini was enrolled at Gurukula Maha Vidyalaya where she completed her education.
Most of Malini’s siblings are connected to the cinema world. Malani’s brother Ananda Fonseka is a movie director and a producer. Malani’s sister Damayanthi is another talented actress in the country. Ananda played a role in “Eya Den Loku Lamayek” the internationally acclaimed movie by her brother.
Another movie which most of the family got together was “Umayangana”. The movie was directed by Ananda Fonseka and main roles were played by Malani and Damayanthi.Malini entered into marriage on 12th of June 1986 with Mr Lucky Dias a veteran Cinema and Tele-drama actor/producer.The wedding was held at Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall and the witnesses were President J R Jayawardena and Prime Minister R Premadasa.
Nature has provided Malani with good looks in ample measure and a dream of a figure but those alone are not enough for a film actress to become the most popular actress and the best on the Sinhala silver screen. All most all the films in which she played the female lead role have been box office hits.
Presently she is honoured as a living legend and Malani Senehelatha Fonseka is the “Queen of the Sri Lankan Cinema” loved and honoured by the Sri Lankans.
Malini Fonseka’s achievements for the past four decades of her cinema career.
Malini is the first Sri Lankan actress to receive an international award. She won this award at the 9th International Moscow Film Festival 1975. The second international award was also won by her at the 6th International Delhi Cinema Festival 1977.
- The first Sri Lankan artist to win the best actress award for in all three medias for acting, Stage, Cinema and Television.
- The only Sri Lanka artist who has won :
Two international awards.
Most Popular actress award for 14 times.
Best actress award for 14 times.
02 honours degrees.
02 honourable names.
80 times who has been acclaimed locally and internationally.
- The only Sri Lankan actress who has won the most popular actress award in five award ceremonies.
- From 1979-1985 she won the most popular actress award consecutively for 7 years.
- In 1981 she won the best actress award in the following award ceremonies.
Presidential Award Ceremony.
OCIC Award Ceremony.
Sarasaviya Award Ceremony – Best actress award.
Sarasaviya Award Ceremony – Most popular actress award.
- The only Sri Lankan actress who has acted in 150 movies and out of which 135 she has played the main role.
- The only Sri Lankan artist who took part in a movie in production, direction and acting. (Sasara Chethana 1994)
- The first Sri Lankan artist who achieved the life time achievement award in Presidential Award Ceremony, Signis Award Ceremony and Sumathi Teledrama Awards.
- Malini created history in the past 4 decades with co-stars:
Gamini Fonseka in 17 movies
Wijaya Kumarthunge in 41 movies
Tony Ranaisnghei 7 movies
Tissa Wijesurendra 6 movies
Ravindra Randeniya 16 movies
Sanath Gunatileke 07 movies
Lucky Dias 11 movies.
- The only Sri Lankan artist who won 6 awards for 6 movies released in a period of 2 years.
Share topics at http://topsrilankanbios.com/forum/
Special Announcement by the Editor..
Most Visitors have requested from all over the World for a genuine online home business to start their Own Income from the Internet. I would like to recommend World largest genuine income method as mentioned below.
Even if You really need helps, kindly drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current average ratings.